Sunday, October 3, 2010

255 Lab B1



First of all, I believe this Lab was very helpful.  This was my first experience in which I had to teach something that I did not play as a kid or in high school.  I believe that I am progressing in finding my own teaching technique and personality.  While preparing for this lab I practiced several times in front of my roommates which I believe made me feel a lot more comfortable.  However, there were a couple of down falls in my lesson.  For example, I forgot to introduce myself.  Also, I forgot to demonstrate the actual activity.  I gave the class some easy to comprehend cues but never actually demonstrated the activity.  If I could do this particular lab again I would demonstrate the correct way as well as the incorrect way to show the class the differences.  However, the class was able to comprehend the cues and was successfully able to demonstrate the activity.  Also, I still must work on using my voice, while watching the video I noticed that at some times my voice is very low and hard to understand.  Furthermore, I should have hung my visual aid up so everyone could see it, instead of just walking around and holding it.  This will allow me to be able to move around the class with ease. However, I was very satisfied with the amount of feedback I was able to give.  Overall, I believe the experience was a good one and I look forward to my next teaching experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment