Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Daily Burn

1. I thought the daily burn program was very helpful. I enjoyed using this program because it allowed myself to know about how many calories I was intaking everyday as well as the amount I was burning through physical activity. In addition, I thought it was useful that the site gave different motivators and suggestions to help the person reach whatever goal they're trying to reach. I am going to try to continue using daily burn because I enjoy knowing my calorie intake for the day. Although I usually eat very well there are times where I really need to eat better. If there is ever a time where I am not able to be physically active, eating healthy will become even more important in my life than it is right now.

 
Posted by Picasa
 
Posted by Picasa


2. I believe this program would work perfectly in a physical education class or a health class. This can directly relate to standard 1b, knowing how to create a personal fitness program. This program can allow students to track their diet and physical activity. In addition, the students can track their progress towards their target goal whether it be to to gain weight, lose weight, or increase muscular endurance. This site can be used by all because there are so many different plans that a student may follow whether it be weight training or cardio training. In regards to a group goal, I believe something to do with cardiovascular training would be best and most suitable. Students could determine a certain distance they wish to achieve during the particular unit or even marking period. I would use pedometers to calculate the distance each student has traveled during each class and mark their distances as they progress.

 
Posted by Picasa
 
Posted by Picasa




3.A positive electronic tool that can be used to capture the data is simply taking a screen shot of their results. This would make it possible for students to see their actual results more visibly. Daily burn provides graphs of the results in every category in which one wishes to take place. In addition, this allows the teacher to keep an eye on his/her students diets and physical activity. However, there might be some room for error because students might adjustments because their foods are not on the list or they do not wish to share some things. It is important to tell the students to be truthful and that they will not grading on what they write. Rather students could be graded on their development or progression from the starting point of the lesson. It is a goal for all physical educators to make their students more aware of their fitness level, and skill proficiency/competency. This is possible through the use of daily burn, it will also help the teacher find areas that the student may need improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment