Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Lab D Step Aerobics

For my final lab I got to teach in the dance room, teaching step aerobics. I wanted to do something the students would find fun and something other than the traditional sports such as basketball or football. When I looked online for idea's on what to do for my final lab I saw a lot of information on Richard Simmons and his intense step aerobic routines. I thought this looked really interesting so then I decided to learn some of his elementary steps as well as incorporate some of my own. I used some different steps that I have learned in gymnastics such as the star jump, and the knee slapper.





Lab D came up on me a lot quicker than anticipated. I wish I could have put all the effort I know I can into this final lab and prove my teaching techniques to myself, peers and professors. I only had a couple days to come up with a good lesson to give to my classmates. I was really nervous going into my lesson because I knew little to nothing about step aerobics. However, playing sports in high school the footwork seemed similar to some re-occurring steps and movements. I believed it would be a good choice to incorporated them into my lesson because everyone in our class are gifted movers and I knew they were capable. I was impressed with how much feedback I gave to the students, however majority was unrelated to the tasks at hand. I also thought during lab d that I did a good job on making my tasks the same for very activity. I noticed in other labs I tend to get off subject on what I want the students to learn.
Overall I learned a lot in 255 through all my teaching labs. I noticed that I improved in many areas and I know there is still areas that I need to work on. I am growing everyday as a teacher and eventually I will become the p.e. teacher I strive to be.

Below are my documents for Lab D:

Lesson Plan

Activity Progression

Block Plan


Scope and Sequence

Content Development

Feedback Analysis

No comments:

Post a Comment